September 27, 2016

No one injured in Gates Road fire

11/6/13

TURNER TWP. — A fire that ignited at what is believed to be a non-permanent residence in Turner Township Nov. 4 did not cause any injuries, according to Twining-Mason-Tuner Fire Chief Charles Norton.

The fire was reported on Gates Road at approximately 5:30 p.m., Norton said. He said no one was inside the structure during the fire. Norton said he believes the structure was a cottage.

He said he was unable to speak with the homeowner as of press time. The cause of the fire will be investigated by a state fire marshall, Norton said.

The scene was cleared around 9:30 p.m. The home suffered significant structural damage, but is not being classified as a total loss, Norton said.

The Au Gres-Sims-Whitney Fire Department assisted at the scene.

Comments

Please review our community guidelines before posting

Please keep comments on topic and appropriate for all ages. Remember that people of all ages read our website. Those that are not appropriate will be removed. Please read our full community guidelines before posting.

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment

Copyright © 2016, Sunrise Publishing. Powered by: Creative Circle Advertising Solutions, Inc.