No injuries in apartment fire
STANDISH — A fire Friday morning at the Willow Creek Apartments in Standish did not cause any injuries, according to Standish Area Fire Authority Chief Mitch Oliver.
The fire is believed to have started in an apartment furnace, Oliver said. A state fire marshal was contacted about the incident, Oliver said, but there has been no confirmation as to whether it will be further investigated.
Fire damage was confined to a small area in the apartment where the blaze was reported, Oliver said.
“It was confined to the closet area, but there was smoke damage to the entire apartment,” he said.
Oliver said residents of nearby apartments said they could smell smoke, but did not report any damage.
Arenac County Central Dispatch Director Chris Barbb said the fire was reported at approximately 8:20 a.m. Feb. 7.
The scene was cleared at approximately 10:30 a.m. Friday, according to Oliver.
The SAFA was assisted at the scene by the Sterling Area Fire Department and MMR.