Halloween Hollow contest giving AuGres fall makeover
AuGres — Whether there’s a ghost in front of Dunleavy’s or a witch on the corner of Mackinaw and US-23, the AuGres Area Chamber of Commerce’s (AACC) Halloween Hollow contest is once again transforming the city of AuGres for the fall season.
The AuGres Area Chamber of Commerce (AACC) is holding its annual lamppost-decorating contest and this year the chamber is helping decorators with the basics of Halloween Hollow decorating.
Lynch’s Produce, of Twining, donated cornstalks and pumpkins to the chamber, says a press release from the AACC, to ensure all of AuGres’ light posts along US-23 are surrounded by fall flavor. However, the AACC is encouraging businesses, groups or individuals to claim a post they’d like to customize, and add their own flavor to the cornstalks and pumpkins at the posts.
Winners will be judges by the AACC, based the originality of the decorated post.
First place will receive a $75 AACC gift certificate; second will get a $50 AACC gift certificate and third place will claim a $25 gift certificate.
Rules on the lamppost-decorating contest, according to the AACC release, are as follows:
1. Decorate posts with a nice/spooky fall or Halloween theme, preferably no horror themes.
2. All posts must be clearly marked with the name of the business/group/individual and decorated by Sunday night, Oct. 11, in order to be qualified for the contest. Judging is on Oct. 12.
3. No tape or adhesives used on lampposts.
4. Displays must be taken down by Nov. 2.
5. If your post is not decorated, then it will be up for grabs the following year to the first person that contacts the AACC requesting a post or location.
Out of 61 total posts, only 13 remain. To claim a post, or for more information, call 989-876-6656.